Experienced nEW YORK Medical Malpractice Lawyers Seek Justice for Your Injuries
Skilled attorneys help victims in the New York State recover full compensation
Physicians and other healthcare providers owe their patients a duty to provide a professional standard of care, demonstrating the same level of skill that fellow practitioners would normally exercise. When that duty of care is breached and you’re injured as a result, you may be able to seek damages through a medical malpractice claim. The knowledgeable attorneys of Lawrence Leonard, Attorney at Law, represent clients in medical malpractice actions in New York State. Victims of medical negligence may recover compensation for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost income. We advocate for fair and full awards that account for the harm you’ve suffered.
Dedicated New York attorneys handle a range of malpractice claims
Medical malpractice can take the form of many types of preventable mistakes, wrongful actions or exercises in poor judgment. Valid bases for a medical malpractice case may include:
- Anesthesia errors — Patients who are not given sufficient anesthesia may be in extreme pain throughout surgery but be unable to communicate their distress. Conversely, patients receiving too much anesthesia can experience life-threatening complications. We press for the compensation they deserve in these cases.
- Birth injuries — Cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, fractures, infections, and nerve damage are just some of the injuries your infant may suffer from a doctor's improper care during delivery.
- Emergency Room errors — An ER doctor who doesn't recognize the seriousness of a patient's condition may be to blame if a lack of care results in deterioration of the patient's health.
- Medication errors — Wrong medications or wrong dosages can result in adverse reactions and serious injury.
- Misdiagnosis — A misdiagnosis can result in harmful, unnecessary treatment while depriving the patient of proper treatment.
- Surgical errors — Surgeons who operate on the wrong body part or leave surgical tools inside a patient can cause serious, permanent damage or death.
To prevail on a medical malpractice claim, an injured plaintiff must retain expert medical testimony to establish that the care was negligent and the negligence caused harm. We consult with licensed medical professionals and retain prominent medical experts to support your case and present compelling evidence of malpractice to jurors.
Determined attorneys take timely action on your claim
It is important to consult an attorney as soon as you believe that malpractice may have occurred. New York law sets statutory deadlines for filing medical malpractice claims. If a deadline passes before a claim is made, you may be unable to seek a remedy from the parties liable for your injuries. In addition, investigating your malpractice claim immediately after the injury occurs, preserves crucial evidence and valuable testimony. When you retain our services, we will get to work reviewing your medical records and conducting an investigation to establish a strong case.